Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fashion According to Asher


There are two types of clothing in Asher's world: Pajamas and "Good Morning Clothes". He thinks he's really getting away with something when he gets in bed with pajama pants and a good morning shirt.

There are, however, several types of shoes: Sandals, crocs, fast shoes, party shoes, church shoes, boots, and jump shoes (which, I believe, are actually the same as the party shoes).

As far as accessories go, he's big into hoods and hats. He appreciates traditional sunglasses but prefers Arnie's welding glasses which make him look like he's wearing those "blades" that people with glaucoma set into their glasses to make it really dark. He loves his Buzz Lightyear watch and has been known to beg me to roll down my window to tell cars next to us that he "has a watch".

When it comes to his largest accessory (ME), he prefers and even demands that I wear my hair down, because he does not like it when I wear it "in a circle" (bun). I don't like it either, but I don't know what else to do with it most of the time.

A budding fashionisto in our midst. If he's anything like his sister, there will be a lot of stripes, plaids, and layering in his future.

No comments: