Sunday, September 20, 2009

Excused absence.

I just had one of those moments when I realize/remember that I am old. In high school, I used to forge my own absence notes all the time (usually just because I forgot to get my parent to write one and only once without my parents' permission). I had it down to a science (at least I thought). My tricks were 1) master the signature, 2) write the body of the note in my own handwriting so it looks like I legitimately wrote the note myself and then presented it to my parents for signature instead of trying to write the entire note in their handwriting (as an added bonus, write the body of the note in one ink color and the signature in another), 3) fold the note and kind of wrinkle it up a bit so it looks like it traveled from home to school rather than being written just outside the attendance officer's room.
You may think I'm bad, but at least I didn't get paid to serve detention for other people. Uh hmm.. Arnie.
But I digress...
The point of this post is to say that I wrote my FIRST real absence note for Ella today. Please excuse my daughter... blah blah. And I signed it with my very own name. It made me feel old.

2 comments:

m-l-e said...

I vote you don't feel old UNTIL Ella starts forging your signature. Then panic!

Gina said...

Love it!