Saturday, September 12, 2009

Some special things.

What a nice couple of weeks.
This cat was found under the hood of our car. You can't really tell from the picture, but it's wedged in somewhere between the motor and, well, something else under there. Eventually, I decided we couldn't keep trying to shew (shue? shoo?) it away every time we needed to go somewhere, so I reached in with a towel and pulled it out by the scruff. I put him in our laundry room until I could figure out what to do with him.
That night I brought home some litter and a few cans of food thinking I could take it to a shelter the next morning. When I came in that night, Arnie had given the kitten (sort of known at this point as Mr. Orangey-Brown or Littles) a bath and he was playing with the children in the living room.We really wanted to keep
him. Especially this guy:But we just couldn't. We took him to the No-Kill animal shelter where the woman said he stood a very good chance of getting adopted. Sweet thing.
Speaking of sweet things, here's Ella getting off the bus for the very first time.
And here's her genuinely ecstatic reunion with her baby sister after her first long day away.You can sort of tell Thea is bracing herself.
And finally, truly one of the neatest/best experiences of my life- being able to be with the Earl family who came up from the ATL area to be sealed as a family for time and all eternity in the Raleigh Temple. Simply wonderful.

1 comment:

Rebekah V. said...

man oh man I miss north carolina folk.