I'm excited that this year, our family is participating in the Light the World project. Every day in December is assigned a scripture about Christ or His teachings. And everyday it's our goal translate that scripture into an action that serves or in some way uplifts others.
Day 1 was: Freely ye have received, freely give. I sent cards to people who I thought could use a little boost. Asher shared his gum with friends. Asher spent time playing with a little boy in the neighborhood who has a lot of special physical needs. He doesn't speak, and the little boy taught him sign language.
Day 2 was: I was thirsty and ye gave me drink. We bought re-usable water bottles and delivered them to the Women's Shelter in Pittsboro.
Day 3 (today) is: Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the Sabbath days. We went to church, I sang in the choir, we went to tithing settlement. Ella got her temple recommend renewed and moved on to the Mia Maid class.
Arnie is in Cancun Mexico today through Thursday for work. I'm totally jealous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment