Monday, November 27, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

TG was fun this year. We actually had a substantial visit instead of a quick drive up to VA drive back like we usually do.  We drove up Wednesday evening. I dropped Arnie and the kids off at the Aldridges and drove to my mom's house to help prepare the feast.

Arnie, the kids, his parents, Jeremy and Mary and their kids, and Becky and her kids came around 1 on Thursday.  (Patrick got sick and wasn't able to join us.)

On the menu:
Turkey
Ham
Stuffing (this year we made them into cookie-sized patties and baked until crisp about 20 minutes)
Rolls
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Corn casserole
Green bean casserole
Apple salad
Dark sweet cherry salad
Macaroni and Cheese
Cranberry salad
Cherry Pie
Apple Pie
Pumpkin Pie
4-layer pie
Ice cream
Fudge

We're all stuffed.  Seriously, I ate so much.  I've been sort of dieting for... years... but I didn't even think about it this Thanksgiving.  I'm still stuffed. :)

We also went to my mom's branch for church on Sunday.  They rent the building from a methodist congregation. It's a tiny building and I think about 80 people were there.  It was pretty fun to be there and to image small pioneer congregations in similar old church buildings.

And now, back to work!!

No comments: