A very special treat for me tonight- a visit from Mary Mathew and Lydia Lu. These two friends from grad school are like balm to the soul. They make me realize and remember that the world is full of wonderful, fun, funny, exciting people.
And they are people who are so easy to talk to, to fall into laughter with, and to feel at ease around. (How's that for ending in a preposition?)
Lydia just spent some time with a medical organization offering relief, education, organization to the Rohingya refugees staying in Bangladesh. AMAZING. And I don't know why I am so blessed to live the life I get to live.
Mary has been working for years in the East Durham Children's Initiative making a huge difference in the lives of so many people.
It's humbling to have such amazing, good, caring, smart friends. I love them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment