Tuesday, November 21, 2017

It's like a Verizon Lovefest.

Now that I'm using this blog as a personal journal instead of thinking it will be seen by a lot (well, not Taylor Swift's version of A Lot, but Molly Aldridge a lot) of people, the entries are likely to be a bit more mundane, but ... check out this funny/odd conversation I had with Verizon wireless customer service today. It was like one of those "You hang up" "No you hang up" "No you hang up" "OK, let's count to 3 and we'll both hang up" conversations.

Verizon
Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless Chat Team regarding your account. How can we help you today?
You
A woman I've never met keeps calling me and saying she is getting a call from my number asking about a credit card. I have never called her in my life. This has been happening multiple times for months now and she is getting very irritated with me even though I explain to her it's impossible that anyone could have called her from my phone. Any thoughts?
Verizon
Hi, my name is Jamie. I am more than happy to help. To get started, may I please have your first name?
You
Molly
Verizon
Thanks, Molly.
Verizon
Sorry to hear bout this issue that you had about a woman bothering you. But not to worry as I will personally help you with this.
You
Great, thanks! :)
Verizon
You are welcome.
Verizon
I will also help you place in a block for that caller.
Verizon
I sure can imagine that this can be annoying on your end.
Verizon
2143 line right?
You
I have actually blocked her, but I Just checked my blocked messages and saw that she called again yesterday. I'm fine with having her blocked, but I actually feel bad for her and wonder why she's getting calls from my number. Yes 2143
Verizon
Thank you.
You
(My plan is to actually call her back from my home phone and tell her what's going on- If you have an idea and can tell me.)
Verizon
Have you ever left your phone unattended or have someone borrowed it from you?
You
Ever? Yes. But she has called me multiple times and siad "I just now got a call from you." And I say, "Ma'am, the phone has been sitting right beside me all day and I have not made any calls to you."
Verizon
May I have her number?
You
SUre- it's 919-886-8034
Verizon
Awesome.
Verizon
We two problems but we can have this fixed.
You
Oh great!!!
Verizon
Phone scamers usually uses legitimate phone numbers such as the one that you have. User for line 8034 might have been targeted for a Phishing scam.
You
Oh sad. :(
Verizon
Now if she calls you again you will be able to help her and also prove yourself at the same time.
You
Yahoo! :)
Verizon
We have tis feature called *57 call trace.
Verizon
How to use it.
Verizon
If she receives again a "call from you" tell her to hang up and then have her dial *57.
Verizon
Doing that will allow her to trace the locations of who contacted her. (Which is not you)
You
OK, so it will dial back to the real person calling.
Verizon
A copy of the report will also be sent in to police. Proving you innocent.
You
Oh awesome!
Verizon
It will trace the location of the person that has been using your number.
You
Sweet!
Verizon
Now, we also still have a problem. But do not worry we here at Verizon is well equipped in fixing issues like this.
Verizon
bad news is that, You have have notice any unwanted usages on your line. Chances are your phone might have been cloned
You
Ugh. Hmm.... no I don't think I have noticed any unwanted charges... I'm not sure.
Verizon
Good news is that it can be fixed just by calling our Fraud team ( Not that you were doing any fraud or something, Just that this is the dept that handles Cloning issues)
You
Yes, of course. OK.
Verizon
Just in case you wanted to contact them.
You
I will.
Verizon
800-922-0204 is the number that you can use.
Verizon
I will also be protecting your account
Verizon
Placing it for double security.
You
OK great! Thank you!! So, should I tell the lady just to block my number after she does the *57 thing?
Verizon
Yes, She can do the same thing. Also have her chat with us.
Verizon
You are welcome = )
You
OK will do. I am so thankful to you! I wasn't sure you'd be able to do anything about this. !
Verizon
Well, we do have ways if you really wanted to help out. Just so happens that I know what to do to help you with the situation that you have.
Verizon
Let me also share a link.
You
So great! :)
Verizon
Verizon
This is the direct link on our website for the call trace feature.
You
Excellent. Thanks again.
Verizon
My pleasure, Molly. Thank you also for being a good Samaritan for line user 8034
You
:)
Verizon
You have my respect (^_^)7"
You
Ahhh... :) Thanks!
Verizon
I do mean it. = )
Verizon
Who does this kind of thing these days right?
You
Ha ha! Well, hopefully a lot of people will get into the holiday spirit and be especially protective of people around now!
Verizon
I am with you on that.
Verizon
Was there anything else I could do to make this an exceptional experience?
You
Nope, I don't think so!
Verizon
Thank you again for allowing me to assist you with your concern for user 8034.
Verizon
And I certainly do hope that I will be able to chat with you again in the future.
You
Thanks again! Have a great Thanksgiving.
Verizon
You are welcome. Happy Thanksgiving
Verizon
(^_^)/
Verizon
Take care and tstay awesome.
You
haha. :) You too.
Verizon
Thank you. Till next time, Molly (^_^)/
You
Bye!
Verizon
Good bye. (^_^)

No comments: