I think writing on my blog or in my personal diary every week was on the list, so here's that.
I also think one of my resolutions, whether it made it to the list or not, was to visit the art museums nearby. So, I was delighted when my friend Mary invited me to the Nasher with her yesterday.
Arnie and Asher were going to a UNC game and Ella had a birthday party, so I took Thea who turned out to be the perfect little art museum companion. It was especially nice because it was the last day of a photography exhibit I had been really wanting to see.The pieces from their permanent collection were half great and half... something. Being the mother of a budding 8-year old artist, it's an interesting experience to see what looks like her work on display in a gallery at Duke.
PICTURES:
Mary and Jen admiring the premiere model of Drum Magazine. The first South African magazine with a focus on black culture and lifestyle. (If I remember it right.)
Thea in front of one of my favorite photos from the exhibit.
This couple is dancing in Mali in, I think, the '50s or '60s.Ella with her friends at the bowling alley birthday party.

Asher with his lightsaber (a consolation prize for him not getting to go to the UNC basketball game afterall.)

No comments:
Post a Comment