Picture this, so you can get a little background.
I'm in the car with Asher. We're at a stoplight. He looks over at a car full of people and says "There goes Daddy on his date." I say, "What?" He says, "There goes Daddy on a date with his giiirlfriiieeeend." I bust up laughing and he repeats it over and over again.
Now, picture this so you can more adequately feel my pain.
I'm in Michael's craftstore. There's a healthy crowd there, but the noise is pretty low. I'm standing in line with about 3 people in front of me and 4 or 5 people behind me. Asher's with me. (You're smart. You know where this is going.)
Asher says, first at a regular level and then escalating through, oh, 10-15 repetitions: There goes Daddy on a date with his giiiirllllfriiiiend! There goes Daddy on a date with his giiirrrllllfriiiiiend.
At first the women just kind of look down and shuffle their feet. I say "Asher, that's enough." But I really do think it's funny, so I unsuccessfully try to hide a smile. That's fuel to his fire. Finally, I have to say out loud to the women around me, "He doesn't really have a girlfriend." For whatever that's worth! They don't say it, but I know they're thinking, "Sure, lady. Sounds like little man's just identifyin' somethin' that's been right in fronta yo' eyes for a long time."
They don't know nothin'.

1 comment:
I can't stop laughing. And by the way. all this time I thought I was getting the feed from your blog and I was not. So I have a nice evening of reading ahead of me. Tell me if you need me to do anything to that B****. You know. Arnie's girlfriend. (I think her name is D and D)
Post a Comment