The masks were made of paper mache' clay (google the recipe, it's stinky, but pretty simple). The girls' outfits were made from grown-up clothes (a zebra skirt my sister gave me and a cheetah jacket-type thing from the goodwill). Asher's was a first attempt at men's tailoring :) and you can tell pretty easily when you look at the sleeves, waistband, collar... you get the picture. Arnie and I both have closets full of gray clothes, so that wasn't a problem. I do love a good gray cardigan (not pictured).
Sunday, November 06, 2011
Halloween 2012
These were so fun to make, and even more fun to watch as the kids got so excited to wear them. I probably should have taken the time to either sleep or do dishes and laundry, but I didn't.
The masks were made of paper mache' clay (google the recipe, it's stinky, but pretty simple). The girls' outfits were made from grown-up clothes (a zebra skirt my sister gave me and a cheetah jacket-type thing from the goodwill). Asher's was a first attempt at men's tailoring :) and you can tell pretty easily when you look at the sleeves, waistband, collar... you get the picture. Arnie and I both have closets full of gray clothes, so that wasn't a problem. I do love a good gray cardigan (not pictured).
The masks were made of paper mache' clay (google the recipe, it's stinky, but pretty simple). The girls' outfits were made from grown-up clothes (a zebra skirt my sister gave me and a cheetah jacket-type thing from the goodwill). Asher's was a first attempt at men's tailoring :) and you can tell pretty easily when you look at the sleeves, waistband, collar... you get the picture. Arnie and I both have closets full of gray clothes, so that wasn't a problem. I do love a good gray cardigan (not pictured).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Homemade costumes are soooo much cooler than store bought. I have to buy all my kids' costumes because I know that if I made them they wouldn't look like what they were intended to be. YOUR costumes on the other hand, are genius and perfect. Love it! GREAT idea. You're da bomb Mom.
Post a Comment