What Power? The power to break down this motherly mountain who has stubbornness in her genes and lots of years to practice perfecting it. What Babe? That would be Asher.
Maybe it's because his eyes are exceedingly big or that he has the power to hold a stare like a grown man. But he's put a spell on me more than once. He'll ask me for something and inside everything is saying "No", but my head involuntarily nods and my lips involuntarily form the words "Yes, Asher. Whatever you'd like, Asher." It's like nothing I've ever experienced before. I melt sometimes.
It's not the same with the girls (at least, yet). And it's (of course!) not that I love them any less. There's just something about that little guy. Maybe it's because, once when I was sick, he kept putting his hand against my forehead and holding it there, staring at my eyes unbreaking. I really thought for a moment that I could speak to him without using my voice. Just through our mother-son eyes. I know. It's all New Age-y and Weird. But I couldn't make this stuff up. He's got a power over me. Maybe he's doing that Jedi thing where they wave their hand in front of your face and make you agree to whatever they say. Who knows? Arnie may have taught him that.
Anyway, this same little guy pulled my pants down in the department store today. Three little kids crawling around the Belk floor while I remain tethered to the clearance racks saying over and over "OK, Kids. We've got to go." [Flipping through hangers, flipping through hangers] Asher comes up and grabs at my pants legs wanting something. They're basketball pants and they come smoothly down to the floor in an instant. I try to pull them back up, but he's still hanging on to them. And I'm standing there in my skivvies. I might have been more upset if it weren't for that power he's got. I just kept right on shopping. Pants around my ankles.
Just kidding. I eventually did get them back up and I'm not sure anyone saw at all. If they did, maybe they could have told me if Asher did that Jedi trick on me.

3 comments:
ha ha ha funny story Molly! It was great seeing you and your 3 kiddos a couple of months ago- thanks for taking the time to see us! We definitely won't forget the "museum with kids" experience! :) You know what it is? Mommy's boys. Tyler melts me too- I agree there's something about the big eyes and sweet face- I love momma's boys!
boys and their mamas... there's just something about it.
This is Josh and I have one thing to say "AHEM"
Pants on the Ground!
Pants on the Ground!
Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground!
Post a Comment