A month or so ago, my friend Megan coaxed me out (she didn't have to try to hard) to get a pedicure. You should see my toes. They look like... gems.

Here's Megan getting her well-deserved pampering. Although pedictures are really about 70% pampering and 30% torture. Tickle torture.

My sister Becky came to visit with her beyond adorable son Isaac. We spent most of the day at the museum.

There were an extraordinarily large number of butterflies out and about. Almost every kid was carrying at least one around.

I confess this photo was staged to recreate a similar picture we have of Ella when she was about this age, but the butterfly didn't seem to mind getting in on our little project.

One time I went to a wedding of a friend who played as a child with a little boy who would end up being her husband. Their parents were friends while they were very young, and then one of the families moved away. The two lovebirds would have to wait something like 15 years before they would see each other again. At their wedding, they displayed a photograph of the two of them as toddlers playing in a little kiddie pool. I still remember that because I thought it was so neat. And so... ladies and gentlemen, I present Ella and Mikael. Who knows?

Superdad. He really is super.

I like this pictures because Asher is actually playing nicely with the baby (even though it looks like he's about to clock her).

The tomatoes are ripening! It's so exciting. I've already used them in salad, on pizza, and in a roasted tomato sauce for gnocchi.

Ella's taking her first swim lessons this year. She's doing quite well.

Arnie's taking a staycation this week which is soooo nice. Here's a funny little conversation with Ella.
E: What took you so long [to come up and cuddle with her before she fell asleep]?
M: I was cleaning up the mess downstairs. That's what mommies do. They clean up messes.
E: What do daddies do?
M: They make messes. ;)
E: Yes. Mommy cleans up messes. Daddy makes messes. Ella plays with messes. Asher throws messes, and Thea chews on messes.
M: Yep.
1 comment:
Oh, I miss you guys SO much! Tear. I wish we could staycation with you.
Post a Comment