Friday, May 29, 2009

Photojournal

If you've ever stayed up late at night wondering what life is like in the Aldridge Household, well... here's your chance to catch a glimpse. It's a little bit like this-

And a lot like this- And quite a bit like this-
And this is how we roll now...
In other news... we had a recent visit with my parents where we went to the "drive-thru zoo" and to the Pink Cadillac for lunch.
Ella nearly lost it when she saw this beautiful peacock.
Arnie and I (and Thea) went on a date to see Clark Howard speak at the new Durham Performing Arts Center. For those of you who don't know, he's a talk radio guy. Very sweet. Very smart.
Growing a garden might just be one of the most exciting things I've ever done. I remember gardening with my family when I was younger, but this is the first time that I have ever (successfully) grown my own food. This picture is shortly after I planted them. You should see them now (maybe I'll get around to taking and posting a picture). Anyway, we've got about 30 tomatoes, 4 or 5 red peppers, tons of lettuce, and some broccoli (the bugs seem to prefer the broccoli). I think I'm hooked.
Ella had her second ever dance recital earlier this month. Here is my friend Shelley holding Thea during dress rehearsal.
And here are the girls (Ella on the left with Chenoah) in their recital finery.
Lil' Thea in her first swimming suit. How cute is this?

Here's a photo of Arnie and the kids at a hitching post in historic Williamsburg. A fun little getaway we took back in April. We were going to take the kids on a horse and carriage ride, but it was 20 dollars per person for a 15 minute ride, and I just couldn't do it. (What would Clark Howard say if I had??) Overall, we had a great time in W'burg. It's definitely worth a visit if you haven't been. Go to Jamestown for sure.
Asher is obsessed with accessories (shoes, hats, sunglasses...). Whenever I go to put my sunglasses on while I'm driving, he says "I dat! I dat!" So, if I can manage it, I give in and give them to him. How could I not when I can have this image in my rearview mirror?

2 comments:

m-l-e said...

y'all are adorable!

Katrina said...

So fun to see some pics. I miss you guys already!!!