Sunday, May 11, 2008

And now a montage of the goings-on of the past few weeks: Ella's dance recital. (We hope to get better pictures from some of the other parents.) With a little bribery (in the form of a Princess Suitcase per her request), Ella did the whole dance and didn't hold up the rest of the class on the wand and crown part. She did however, promptly leave the stage in a b-line as soon as the curtain opened. They didn't start the music... The teacher (the awesome Jessica Jones) jumped up to see what was going on. I heard someone say "She went out into the hall." I thought Ella had had a serious case of stage fright and just marched right off the stage. I got up and ran out to see what was going on. Turns out she just really really had to go to the bathroom just that minute. Another teacher and I went with her and raced to get her leotard off and back on again with all the accoutrement and raced her back on to the stage where she performed sweetly and as if nothing ever happened.

We also had a great visit from my sister Becky, her husband Patrick, and their baby Isaac. Here they are playing Guitar Hero and snuggling.










Other pictures, show a trip to the library, to the strawberry patch, and outside with lots of friends (all of whom, I might add are leaving this summer....)










2 comments:

LKC said...

Oh my goodness, are those the Jones' kids? So cute! Ella and Asher are cute too, but that's a given.

m-l-e said...

A=dorable!