Monday, April 07, 2008

For every person who thinks you're not stupid...

there's someone who thinks you are.

I was craving a bread bowl of soup from Panera, so I went in to get one. I asked if it was possible to get one to go without it disintegrating. The guy at the counter starts laughing and begins to describe to me how they give you the bread bowl and then a separate container of soup that you then pour into the bread bowl yourself when you get home. Oh! I said. I hadn't thought of that. He started laughing again and called to his co-worker "Hey Margie. Is it possible to get a bread bowl to go without it disintegrating?" She laughed. He said (and I'm not kidding) "You get the bad customer of the day award. And I say 'bad' because I won't say 'stupid'." He actually was trying to be funny, and I was thinking it was kind of funny, too. But I mean, come on. The bad customer of the day award?? That's kind of harsh. Still, I just finished all the soup from my bread bowl, and I wish I could go back there and get some more. Do I dare show my face?

5 comments:

Katrina said...

Ugh, I think he was rude to make fun of you, even if it is funny. Soup in a bread bowl sounds good...

m-l-e said...

JERK FACES!! I will kick them in the throats when give the chance.

Anonymous said...

Kristi and I never thought of that either! That guy gets the "Bad customer service award of the century!!!" That's hateful!!! You should complain!
you're not stupid!
love becky

LKC said...

I think it's a good question. I would call that guy a moron. And I say "moron" because I won't say "$#@ &*!#".

Tami said...

You have good taste in restaurants. Adam and I both love Panera! I still dream about Panera Bread's soup in their bread bowls.. we don't have a Panera here. So sad. Another one of our favorite restaurants is Cafe Rio! How fun that you went there in UT. I have their recipe for their Pulled pork tostada salad with tomatillo dressing if you want me to email it to you. It is a bit of work to make but it is heaven! You are making me hungry!