Sunday, March 30, 2008

Boring

Aside from adventures in nausea, my life is pretty uneventful these days. So I am going to write about some of the very mundane goings-on so you can get a feel for just how exciting it is...


We are 3/4ths of the way through our second installment of goldfish. The poor little things keep getting sucked up into the filter despite this week's addition of a little protective screen to go over it. It's a gruesome scene over here. Goldfish getting vacuumed into the filter at high speeds come out all contorted and well... it's enough to make a pregnant woman vomit. But what isn't?


It's ridiculously freezing cold here today- in the low 40s with a cold rain. We need the rain, but I just planted some strawberries, so the freezing temps can stay away.


We went to Costco and here's what we bought: 2 gallons of milk, 6 qts of vanilla soymilk, a box of mini quiches, a box of dehydrated apple and pear slices. Turns out they don't sell bunkbeds which is what we went there to check out. Here are the samples we ate: Greek chicken salad, dehydrated pear slices, lasagna, soymilk, bran flakey cereal, spicey buffalo chicken with ranch (not me), assorted snacking nuts.


I can hardly stand the excitement.


And here's a random pull from the photo files (you never know what you're going to get): Ahh... here's our friend Hamilton holding Ella in Week 1 or so of her life. Most notable thing about Ham is that he is an AMAZING freestyle rapper. He may look shy and innocent, but he can spit. (I think that's what they call it these days. ;p) I wish I had a video clip to share. Actually... I do, but I'll have to convert it from VHS.

2 comments:

The Payne-Rinne Family said...

Puking your guts out? How Urban Chic! Dehydrated pear slices? Pure glamor. Mutilated goldfish? Unadulterated adventure. I can't wait to see you!

m-l-e said...

YOu POOR thing! I shall force feed you pedialyte! Also.. true dat-- hamilton = radical rapper!