Every Sunday, I try to write in journals for Ella and Asher. Occasionally, Ella is awake when I do it and occasionally she wants to help. She will dictate what she wants written and I type. Keep reading for an exclusive peek into the mind of a 4-year-old. (don't worry- when she's 16, I won't publish her journal entries for the public to read.)
January 13, 2008
"This is Ella’s journal of doing my church. And I like to play with my teachers. My lesson in primary today was about choosing the right. Spell CTR. Then, I would like to say I like to go in sharing time. In sharing time today, we / I like the girl who is Kennedy. I maked a crown in sharing time. AndCTR5 we did , we readed paper. Someone said she likeded my straight hair. And I liked her. And the girl said she liked myself, Ella. I like to go to school. And this is Ella’s journal of going to school. I like my teachers. And I like the Ms. Liz who’s my teacher. I like Ms. Paula. And she likes me. And I love her and she loves me. And, I like my friends. I love Erin. I like her party. I falled into the cheese. And we swinged on the bars until we dropped in the cheese (foam cubes). This is Ella’s journal about the farm. I like all the animals. I didn’t go to a farm, so I’m just saying it. I like the pigs. And the sheep. And the horses and the cows. Goodnight, Farm! This is Ella’s journal of going to the butterfly museum. I like the caterpillars. I like the butterflies. I like all my clothes that I get there (She has never gotten any clothes there.) I like the surprises when I get them. I like seeing the butterflies. In the butterfly court. I like the butterfly signs. I like the signs where they have each butterfly flies around. We see lots of butterflies. One time the butterfly manager said, a different butterfly sat on your head, and I said, where is it? I liked the birds in there. I like the birds in the butterfly court. The CTR stands for Choose the Right. At the butterfly museum. Does butterfly have “R” in it? Where? Tell me. Great! This is the last part that I’m going to tell about my books. I like Strega Nona and Bambi. I like uhmm…. I Like Cat in the Hat. This is the end, but it’s one more part. I like my beds. And my PCCO shirt. This is the end of the journal and it’s the end. Type the end. Goodbye to Ella. I love you but I have to go Bye-Bye-Bye. Ella”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment