Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

In an effort to encourage my spouse to participate more fully in this blog, I am sitting here beside him on the couch and asking him for his direct input for this entry. He has a problem with publicly listing his resolutions "I have no problem with the arbitrariness of New Years as an impetus for reorienting oneself (Molly: blah blah blah)- OK fine. I commit to blog more." Well, he's already distracted and is no longer paying attention to this little activity I prepared for us... So......

Here are some of mine:
A and I want to wake up in the mornings to study the scriptures and pray as a family.
I want to keep up my gym attendance.
I want to fold the laundry and put it away as soon as it comes out of the dryer.
I want to stop eating fast food with the occasional Chik-Fil-A exception.
I want to mejorar mi proficiencia en espagnol. I'm willing to let go of my French in exchange.

I think that's it for now. I kind of go back and forth between wanting to make 100 resolutions in hopes that one or two will stick and deciding on 1 or 2 really important ones and going full speed ahead on those. One really bad thing about me is that I am terrible at keeping resolutions, developing good habits- I'm not even that good at developing bad habits. Habits of any kind... I like a lot of things about myself, but I lack self-discipline, motivation, steadfastness... etc. etc. (That sounds like the first line of a good resume cover letter.) But that's all gonna change in 2006. If I can't start the year off with a little faith and hope, what can I do?

No comments: