So.... the Ellen Degeneres show is one of my favorites, actually. And in addition to that, I'm quite fond of the Snoop Dogg/Farrell Williams song Drop it like it's hot. And it's not like I haven't thought of it before, but, when I saw Sn.Dg. and Far.Wil. singing this song to Ellen Degeneres's audience of middle-aged, middle-classed mothers as they bopped along, I thought- WHAH??!!?
Example lyrics from this song:
I'm a gangsta, but y'all knew that
Da Big Boss Dogg, yeah I had to do that
I keep a blue flag hanging out my backside
But only on the left side, yeah that's the Crip side
I do it, too. Bounce along to the gang cheer?? Goooooooooooo CRIPS! WHAT?!!? Yeah- drugs and drive-bys. Wahoo! Hold on- I gotta take a break from my dancing to take my child to daycare.
It's the same thing as when I hear little six year old kids singing along to popular songs with rather graphic descriptions of intimate behavior between adults.
Why does it have to have such a great bizzeat/sizzound? And what will I decide to do? I wish they would make equally catchy songs with more family-friendly lyrics. Snoop, could you please do that for me? Thanks, buddy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment