Thursday, November 12, 2009

PUNK

Ella: Mommy, what does punk mean?
Me: Well, it can mean a few things. Where did you hear that word?
Ella: A girl on the bus said it to me.
Me: Oh, really? What were you doing when she said that to you?
Ella: Just looking at her.
Me: You were just looking at her and she just looked back at you and said "Punk."
Ella: Yeah.
Me: (Blood boiling) Well, in this case, it just means "Please stop looking at me."

Later she said she didn't want to ride the bus. It's a little thing, I know, but there are few times in my life when I have prayed as hard as the time when she rode the bus the following day. When she got off the bus, I asked her how it went. She said that girl didn't say anything to her.

This growing up thing is going to be hard.

1 comment:

Rebekah V. said...

What is it with the bus? I have wanted to bust some serious little kid on the bus head. Even still, I can't wait to use punk in a sentence. Like in the grocery store when everyone is staring at me and the kids. I will just say "punk". stop. freaking. looking. at. me. best definition ever.