Today, I went to pick the kids up from daycare. I put Asher in the car first, then Ella. Then, I closed the door to the car and began walking around to the driver's side. Another woman walked by on her way into the center. I saw her gaze adoringly into the car. From her perspective, she saw a cute little curly-haired angel-child gently patting the cheeks of her infant brother. And though it was silent outside the car, it appeared as though she may be cooing sweet whispers into his tiny little ear.
The woman walking by looked up at me. "How sweet," she said.
I looked in again. It did seem as though we were witnesses to a tender moment. When older sibling realizes the miracle of new life, the first inkling of family togetherness.
"Thanks," I said. "Yes, they are sweet."
Then, I opened the car door and out pours the most abrasive, raspy, voice hurling out the following "sweet nothing" : "I got your cheek you stinky little bottom butt!"
I quickly jumped in and closed the car door.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love it! That Ella cracks me up. And the pictures of her in your latest post are adorable!
Post a Comment