I'm laying the smack-down on my life. I'm ready to get organized. I've tried lots of things- flylady.net, HGTV Get Organized Tips, Just Tell Me What to Cook Listserv, etc. But now- it's time to GUILT my house and my life into shape. Every room in my house has been "called out". I made an exhaustive list of every thing that needs to be done from cleaning the blinds, to vacuuming the stairs, to putting batteries in the mobile over Asher's crib. The list was divided according to room and copied onto bright neon green post-it notes. The post-its have been placed on the doors of the appropriate rooms in hopes that I will shame them into getting cleaned. When I check off a room's entire list, I can take the post-it note down. Until then, each bright green note will stand as a symbol of my slackerhood, a reminder of my inability to get things done.
I'll let you know how it goes.
In other news- I seem to be making great strides with my baby steps to a sugar-free life. For the first time in all of my 30 years as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I did NOT stay for refreshments after a special "event". To fully understand how significant this is- consider the following joke:
Q: How many [Mormons] does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Ten. One to change the light bulb and nine to make refreshments.
That is to say, Mormons ALWAYS have refreshments. Not for our usual Sunday meetings (although Sunday school teachers often bring treats to bribe their -especially teenage- students into paying attention), but for every evening musical performance, special speaker, youth activity, pancake breakfast, etc. etc. So- that's 30 years of events and 30 years of brownies, punch, and 7-layer dip. Tonight, I said no. I didn't even go in to look at them. For the FIRST time. I'm friggin' amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment