Friday, April 13, 2007

You know you're postpartum when...

... you look down at your peanut butter and jelly sandwich to see that you've actually swaddled it in the paper towel you were using as a plate.
... two and a HALF hours of uninterrupted sleep seems like "a nice long stretch of time".
...you constantly rock back and forth even when you're not holding anything.
...you can check your email while nursing using your foot to maneuver the mouse and your big toe to click.
...you think elastic waistbands are a personalized gift to you from God.
...you find yourself spending more of your life talking about "potty" functions than you do about politics, religion, work, and American Idol combined.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I wish I could do the email while nursing thing. Until I develop some toe skills I'm stuck watching bad late night t.v.

But the rocking thing? Yes. Oh yes. I feel like a crazy person but I can't stop swaying. Great list!