Sunday, October 30, 2005

Oh My Stars and Garters!

We don't have much of a yard, and what we do have is rarely dry enough to lie down on without soaking ourselves. So- we spend a lot of time lying on our backs on the driveway gazing up at the stars and moon and airplanes and clouds with Ella. Tonight, wrapped in our winter coats, we sprawled out on the driveway looking upward. Ella started reaching up to the sky saying, "Help Mommy. Mommy, Help!" I said, "Do you want me to get the stars for you to hold?" She said, "Yes." I explained to her that I couldn't reach them. I stretched my arms up high to prove that I really was trying to get them for her, but that my arms just weren't long enough. She then climbed on top of me, put her face in my face and started barking like a seal. Not sure what the connection there was for her, but it was cute anyway.

No comments: