Sunday, June 19, 2005

Daddy's Little Girl


100_4497
Originally uploaded by mollyaldridge.
There's no doubt about it. Ella LOVES her daddy. There's also no doubt that Arnie loves his little baby. I was thinking today that I am so lucky to have a husband who is completely devoted to being a good dad. From day one, I have had his as an equal partner in this parenting thing and he does a tremendous job. Maybe someday Ella will come to know just exactly how much her daddy loves her and how much he does for her. Until then, he is happy to receive only smiles, brief moments of cuddling, and half-chewed animal crackers as payment for all of his fatherly efforts.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there and especially to my wonderful Daddy who alway taught me the value of hard work and never even hinted that his children were anything less than the most important thing in his life.

I also know that there are some readers who no longer have their fathers with them and some who have very recently lost their dear fathers to illness. I hope you will take comfort in my testimony that families can be together forever through the gospel of Jesus Christ, and that we will one day be reunited with our loves ones to eternally experience the joy that only comes from being together as loving families.

1 comment:

Mary Elizabeth Liberty said...

wow Molly, That's a beautiful tribute to Arnie, to your dad, and to eternal families. Way to elevate this format to a higher level!

Mary