At an MCH dinner the other night, I learned that only 1 out of 7 of us is happy with her job. So, in a way I felt vindicated that I've never really been in LOVE with a job. There's always something that makes it less than 100% wonderful. (Like the part that requires me to show up.) It's true that my dream in life is to be a stay-at-home mom. Something that is not uncommonly frowned upon by mainstream society. But it's true. I want nothing more than to spend mornings at play group and afternoons straigtening up the house and making dinner. Yikes! At least I think that's what I want. I hear the grass is always greener cliche applies here, though.
I enjoyed a fantastic visit with my friend Katie this weekend in Washington DC and we discussed what a luxury it is to be able to stay home these days. And I'm thinking "Don't I just think I'm something special now that I'm looking for a part-time job instead of a full-time job?" It's really a luxury these days. Isn't it? I'd like to hear your comments on the idea.
Similarly, what makes the perfect job? That was going to be the topic for this entry, but it will have to wait until the next one, because.... I have to get back to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment