This blogger no longer has a bladder - a gall bladder that is. In keeping with the string of medical dramas we've been experiencing in this household lately, I had two spells of chest/back/abdomen pain which ended up in a visit to urgent care, a trip to the ultrasound center (where they confirmed my mother's suspicion of gallstones), another trip to the ER, a three-day stay in the hospital (where they found that one of the stones had passed into the common biliary duct threatening pancreatitis), a day of respite at home, followed by a return for scheduled laparoscopic removal of the gall bladder. Whew. Today is day three of recovery and my mother and sister are here to help care for me and Ella. Arnie would have his hands full with us if were not for their generous sacrifice of time and effort to be here. I thought I'd venture out for some fresh air by going to the rubberized playground at Southpointe Mall with everyone, but it proved to be a little much. Thank goodness for Percoset and a nice soft bed. I really do have lots of good pictures to post on here soon. I just need to get up a bit more energy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment